|First and foremost - WELCOME!!! |
With being hacked recently, we have had to "START OVER"....we lost almost everything and at the time of the intrusion, we were over 10k members. Not sure how starting over is going to go, hopefully we will grow fast again.....I spent many many hours on this group, and I now have next to nothing to show for it.....it is, very disappointing to say the least.... but here we go anyway.....
All except the featured group is automatically accepted, therefore, it is YOUR responsibility to follow these simple rules. We go through the entries every day and will remove or move those that don't abide by the rules or that are placed in the wrong groups. I.E. pictures of your feet in portraits, pictures of your dog in architecture. That being said here are some simple rules for this group...
1. NO DA WATERMARK on your submissions!! Please, it destroys the aesthetics of the image. ~~ If you need a watermark, create one of your own, just like so many of our artists have done, and this helps preserve the copyright of the photo. None of the professional photographers use the DA watermark, they have their own and much better ways to preserve copyrights and avoid theft.
2. ~No hate comments, only constructive criticism
3. Lately, we've been having a lot of submissions to Featured. Now you can only submit one deviation to featured every day. And all deviations to featured are subject to vote.
4. We are a photographic group, therefore, your submission MUST be a photograph. Should go without saying but we have had some confusion in this. Also, it should be obvious that it is a photo, if there is so much "Photoshop" work that you can't tell if it is a photo it will be deleted.
5. Nudity must be subtle and artistic. We have members of all ages and we must maintain an environment for everyone. In other words, NO nudity for nudity's sake.
6. Once your submission is in one of our galleries PLEASE do not move it to storage. It creates a void in the gallery that we have to go back into and delete one by one. I have had entire collections removed by an artist and spent hours going folder by folder looking for and deleting "deviations in storage".
7. DO NOT use our group to "SELL" your crafts. This is a photography group, taking pictures of an item you have for sale on etsy or any other site, is NOT to be posted in our group. It will be deleted and if it becomes a regular thing we will have to ban you from the group, sorry. I do not mean charging for your picture to be downloaded, that is ok.